Mechanical Engineers are required in all manufacturing facilities. The working criteria of a mechanical engineer change according to the type and domain of the company they are working with and the area of specialization. Mechanical engineering is a professional program which helps students to understand the working mechanisms of heavy tools and machineries. A course in mechanical engineering makes a student gain knowledge and experience in the designing of thermodynamic systems, refrigeration systems, hydraulic machines, automobiles, aircrafts, heavy moving machinery. The student is equipped with the knowledge to work in a supervisory position in Industry.
Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the major departments, created since the establishment of the institute in 2012. The department is currently having ten Mechanical Engg. Laboratories with approximately 20 desktop computers within auto cad lab
SCOPE OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- A beginner in Mechanical Engineering can opt for various job openings such as Maintenance Engineer, Safety Engineer, Quality Assurance, CNC Programmer, Jr. Engineer, Design Engineer, CAD/CAM Trainer, Production Supervisor/Engineer, R&D Trainee etc.
- There is tremendous scope for mechanical engineers in automobile engineering, cement industry, steel, power sector, hydraulics, manufacturing plants, drilling and mining industry, petroleum, aeronautical, biotechnology and much more. Nowadays they are also increasingly needed in the environmental and biomedical fields.
- The job demands supervision and planning of live projects related to thermal power plants, nuclear stations, generation of electricity, etc.
- There are employment opportunities for diploma holders who have practical knowledge of working on fields like testing of machinery etc.
- Students are also prepared for taking Entrepreneurial ventures.