- a. Full freeship would be provided to 5% of the students on roll to every semester / year of every course purely on the basis of merit. Individual students would continue to enjoy full freeship if he/she continues to remain within top 5% of his/her class in each semester.
- Half freeship would be provided to next 5% of the students on roll in each course and each semester purely on merit basis.
NOTE:- Freeship would be available vis-à-vis tuition fee only and the criteria for awarding freeship will be followed as under:
Semester System Courses:
5% full-freeship and 5% half-freeship will be awarded by the Principal :
On the basis of results of I to VI semester examination.
Annual System Courses:
5% full-freeship and 5% half-freeship to students on roll will be awarded by the Principal on the basis of results of I, II & III Year examination.
In a class of 60 students, 3 students are to be awarded full freeship and 3 students are to be awarded half freeship and in a class of 30 students, one student is to be awarded full freeship and 2 students are to be awarded half freeship, whereas in a class of 15 students or less, one student will get full freeship and one student will get half freeship. In cases, where there are more than one claimant for full-freeship/half-freeship, previous inter se merit of the claimants will be considered, i.e., for awarding freeship for students studying in 3rd Semester, their 2nd Sem merit will be the base and in case of tie, their 1st Sem merit will be taken into consideration for breaking the tie and so on.
- The amount of full freeship and half freeship awarded to a student will be adjusted in the successive semesters/year and in cases where adjustment is not possible, the fees may be refunded. The Principal will be competent to adjust/refund out of the fee collected by the Polytechnic College.
- In case of full & half Freeships, if a student/students happen to be claimant of SC Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme, the benefit of freeship will be passed on to the next eligible students as per merit.
- Student/students are entitled to claim only one benefit from various available schemes of Scholarship/Freeship. Students will have to submit an Undertaking in this regard to the concerned Principal.